Sometimes I get really excited about a color or a fabric or a style of furniture mostly because it feels really fresh, or at least not too played out. I've been really drawn to shades of olive lately because they look new again to me! And I'm especially loving olive paired with pale blues. 

 photo Olive9.jpg

I have a post coming up where I'll share all the details on the millwork we added to the bathroom here, but I wanted to put up a few peeks now of the finished guest bathroom. I am SO happy with the room and the fresh color on the walls!

 photo Olive7.jpg

I think it's so important to find a good color temperature balance in a space. The light in this bathroom is very cool - approaching blue. The tile I chose for the floors was also pretty cool, so I knew we could go very warm on the walls and it wouldn't feel off balance.

 photo Olive6.jpg

The brass fixtures also help to add back some warmth in the sink and tub areas. Oh, you guys - the sink turned out so well! I can't wait to share this with you soon! We are getting a new wide angle lens since the shot is almost impossible to get without one. Such a tight space!

 photo Olive3.jpg

The wall color is Farrow & Ball's Olive and the ceiling is Pale Powder, a barely there blue, and I love the combo together! The blue is so subtle, and the olive color has plenty of gray in it, so it's not too Army green and not too dark, which I was a little worried about. I was able to round up some inspiration images beforehand that helped me feel better about just going for it. This one, from the (seriously great) book French Accents, really sealed the deal for me though. I love that all the moulding floor to ceiling is the same color! So striking!

 photo IMG_5132.jpg

And remember this total classic from Domino? So good.

 photo 627116d80956cbf23b5ced39db248bb5.jpg

 photo Dominomagseafoambluebookcase.jpg

And further proof that soft blue and olive are BFF:

 photo 87baffe2bb5720161fd50f47960e5ee4.jpg

 photo cb06ed813a9159a22aab846bd5f5f907.jpg

 photo 89c253ff9b5c9b415a343a319cd96796.jpg

And remember this amazing Harlem home? Gah! So, so pretty, warm and inviting!

 photo harlem-apartment-0511-03-lgn.jpg

 photo harlem-apartment-0511-06-lgn.jpg

 photo harlem-apartment-0511-02-lgn.jpg
 photo harlem-apartment-0511-01-lgn.jpg

The great thing about paint is it's a pretty inexpensive commitment. So if I tire of the olive at any time it would be easy to switch it out. But for now, I love it even more than I thought I would! :)
 
Top